Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chicken and dippin' sauces

In my never-ending quest to come up with cheap, healthy, easy, freezable meal ideas, I have come up with something I should've thought of long ago. Trusting that there are some other moms of babies out there that can't think of the obvious, I'm sharing my new find. =)

Buy a large pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Take a little time and cut each large breast into bite size pieces and pack those pieces in a 1 qt. Ziploc freezer bag. You should have several small, flat bags filled with bite size chicken pieces. Freeze.

On the day you want them, take out 1 or 2 bags, thaw, and at dinner time, saute in a small skillet with a little canola oil. Get several small glass bowls, condiment bowls, at Walmart. I think mine were $2 for a pack of four. Fill with whatever you've got in the door of your fridge. In my fridge? Spicy peanut dipping sauce (Asian foods section), ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, Italian dressing, honey mustard sauce, etc.

Serve up with microwaved baked potatos and an easy salad. Done!

2 comments:

SMS said...

Martha..? Is that you?

Rachel said...

Good idea!! My favorite sauce is honey!!