Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Laundry and apple cake...

Well, I've figured out a way to do laundry around here without having an extra person around to watch the baby. It's called the Baby Bjorn. It's not graceful, but I think it's going to work. So before I go to change out the load, and while Seth sucks his passy close to my chest, I thought I'd share a new recipe with you. I got this one from Cheryl Stolldorf. She was one great cook, and though she is in heaven, her recipes will continue to bless our family here on earth for a long, long time to come. I made her Apple Cake the other day, and realized I should've tried it a lot earlier. So here goes...

Cheryl's Apple Cake

1 3/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1 T. vanilla
2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small chunks
1/2 c. raisins

Stir together all dry ingredients in a big bowl, then stir in the rest. Pour into greased 9x13 dish and bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes.

It's super easy, folks, and the flavor is great. I love that I had all the ingredients on hand, since we always have apples and raisins around here. It makes kind of a bread pudding consistency kind of cake. Very moist.

No comments: