Wednesday, March 28, 2007

2 month checkup...

Here's my water baby taking his first bath in the big tub. We'd been bathing him in the sink until Sunday, and he definitely wasn't getting enough baths. Now that it's hot, and the all knowing apartment managers haven't seen fit to turn on the air yet, he'll be getting more baths to cleanse his poor, sweaty little body. Today, we had our two month checkup and all those nasty vaccines. He was a real trooper, and he's grown so much! He weighs almost 11 pounds now, 10 lb., 14 oz. He's may be a tall one like his daddy. He's grown two and a half inches since he was born, 22 1/2 total. It felt great to see how well he's doing. He's in the 25th percentile for height and weight, and that sounds perfect to me. David and I aren't big, and we weren't big babies. I think I've now found the only pediatrician I really like in this practice group on the third try. That's good, since I was running out of doctors. =) He was nice and complimentary and informative and didn't make me feel like a bad mommy for asking dumb questions. But anyway, it's so nice to know for sure that your baby is doing really well. I just wasn't sure how much he'd grown because I hadn't had him weighed since he was two weeks old. (Yes, I know, use a bathroom scale, but ours turned out to be hopelessly inaccurate. We got three different weights when we tried that.) I hoped that he was getting enough food, but I couldn't be sure. After it took him a little longer than it should've for him to gain back his birth weight, my confidence was a little rattled. And since I can't actually see how many ounces he's taking in... You mommies know how it goes, I guess. Well, tonight we're having sparking juice in the wine glasses to celebrate the growth of a happy, healthy baby. What a blessing he is.

Oooh, oooh, but the best news was that I can stop waking this child up to feed him at night! I have official permission from a medical professional to stop waking him up to eat at 5:00 a.m. Sleep, here I come! How I've missed you. What would more than 4 hours of sleep at one stretch look like? I can't remember. When I daydream now, I don't daydream about beach vacations or fancy steak dinners. I dream about simple things, like 1 hour naps with earplugs or an uninterrupted night's sleep. I hear I won't be getting one of those again until he's at least 3. Maybe if we get away for a weekend. Hmmm, what does that look like again? =)
In other news, Seth now has a new stroller. I think I've figured out why people have something like 12 different strollers. I thought it was dumb before, but I don't now. The stroller is the most essential piece of baby gear out there, and if you have the wrong one, the consequences can be serious. I made the mistake of getting a city baby the SUV travel system, complete with jumbo size wheels. They'd be great for off roading, but they're not great for navigating through my apartment complexes narrow doors or going into any small local stores. I finally got tired of beating the stroller against walls and hefting all 35 pounds of it in and out of my trunk. My stroller basket also has to double as a grocery cart for all of my perishable items from the store because of my unique high rise situation, and it wasn't big enough to do that well. So now I have what I should've gotten in the first place. It's a simple metal frame that you just snap your infant car carrier into called a Snap n' Go. I highly recommend it to anyone. The basket is huge, and you don't have to push past a big seat and tons of fabric to get to it. You can load it up and then just snap the baby in. The wheels are small, and the thing only weighs 14 lb. folded up. And it was pretty cheap. Today was my first day trying it out, and I'm pumped. This child is going to be getting out for walks a lot more now that Mommy isn't afraid that he'll see her yelling at the apartment doors. =)

2 comments:

SMS said...

ADORABLE pictures!!! You look so happy Anne girl :) DC here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Yes, I know, you thought I was silly for going through SOOO many strollers the last few years! The sad thing is that I still haven't found one that I could say that I loved!! I'm still looking!!! ( of course, given the proper funds, I'm sure I could the the most wonderful stroller ever made!! )