Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Drum roll please...

(Trumpets sounding...)

(Rocky theme swells in the background...)

Today...

I buttoned my jeans.

Guys, this means nothing to you. Girls, you know this is huge. I had begun to think that there was no end in sight to my time in maternity jeans, which by the way, aren't nearly as much fun when you're not pregnant anymore. Now, the jeans were not happy about being buttoned. If they could've talked, they would've said, "No! Please. Ouch! This hurts!" But they can't speak, so tough tahooties to them. I'm glad the button is riveted in in such a way that it can't pop off. The belly flopping over the jeans is something I choose not to dwell upon, but I can wear them, if I don't mind the possibility of my internal organs being smushed to half their current size. Hmmm...I wonder if organ reduction surgery would be a good way to get a flat stomach again. So if you see me, and I look like I'm wearing denim colored stretch pants, please snicker quietly into your hands and give me my victory!

2 comments:

Speechless Mom said...

Way to go!!! I still can't fit in anything but preggie clothes, so I'm looking forward to my own drum roll. I agree that preggie clothes are no fun after the baby's here.

Momma B. said...

WOW! FIve weeks!! That should be illegal! Good for you!