Thursday, November 02, 2006

Still life...

I've decided to post some "still lifes" on this blog. =) At this point, we have a few little things we've collected for Baby, and I was looking for a way to clear out drawers, so I put some up on top of David's/Baby's dresser. It looked suprisingly good to me, so I guess I'll leave it this way for awhile. I couldn't resist the bead tree at Target, and I got some board books at a consignment sale. The teddy bear is courtesy of Paula, and my mom gave me some baby keys. I love baby keys. They give me warm fuzzies. And you can see the little man's profile in his 20 week ultrasound on the left. I think he's awfully cute to be so young.

These are the contents of my baby shower in a box from Paula Morgan. She picked out soo many cute things for the little guy. We are overwhelmed with the generosity of Mike and Paula.

Here's the very first pumpkin I've ever carved. I drew on the cat face, and David carved it out. Then I went to town on the back and sides with different sized electric drill bits. It was so much fun! I don't think that we're going to be traditional Halloween celebrators, but that's no reason not to partake in fall fun. I love fall fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!

SMS said...

Nice! Our first year married Stephen carved a scene with a little house and trees and clounds etc.. it would have made Martha green with envy! One cool thing to do is fill the inside with cloves (stuck into the meat of the pumpkin) and any other good spices that will stick - when you put the candle in it, it smells like pumpkin pie baking! Love!