Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pecan pie and pregnancy =)

I've got my very first pecan pie ever in the oven. It was amazingly easy. The thing I love about Thanksgiving pies is how easy they are. What other holiday has pies that you basically just dump and stir without having to chop or dice or anything like that? I love pumpkin pie more than pecan, but David doesn't think it's Thanksgiving without pecan pie, so there ya have it. It smells wonderful. It's a gross, cold, windy, rainy day outside, and I'm glad I'm inside, doing a mountain of laundry in my pj's and baking pie. I had my 31 week doctor's appointment this morning, so I had to get out in the mess then. I'm going to a really nice practice in Fair Oaks, about 35 minutes from here. So far, I'm looking like a model pregnant person. All of my numbers are "right on the button," according to the doctor today. My glucose reading is smack dab in the middle of normal, I'm measuring dead on for how big I'm supposed to be right now, etc. Seth is being very cooperative at letting them hear his heartbeat, and his little heart is pumping away at the rate it should. I've gained 22 lb. total since they first weighed me at 12 weeks. I'm loving that, and I'm well aware that it's my genetics talking and not because I've been such a fantastically healthy eater. =) It's so nice to be so normal! And I don't really have that far to go anymore. It's really stunning to think about that. I could have this baby in less than 2 months, and it feels like it's going to fly by. We'll be so busy with the holidays and everything associated with them. I can't think about delivery too much right now or I might start panicking. I want to be a mom, but I'm also a little scared about all the daunting responsibilities that come with that. I still feel too good, I guess, so I'm willing for this pregnancy to keep going a while longer and let him get nice and well cooked. =) Tomorrow, we're picking up David's parents at the airport in Baltimore and driving to Richmond to have Thanksgiving with David's Aunt Judy and cousins Keith, Kim, and Ian. It's going to be a nutty weekend, since we have a wedding for a good friend this Saturday in Williamsburg. David is in the wedding party, and I'm tagging along. Tell ya all about it when I get back. Happy Thanksgiving, all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAN!! We are missing out on ALL the fun!! Have a great time with the fam and tell everyone hello and we miss them. I guess this year you exchanged us for Bill and Diana!! Miss You- Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Good to hear everything is going so well! It's fun to compare pregnancy experiences. Zach's still trying to pick his birthday. I might get to have a new baby and a new head coach in the same week. We can't wait to see Seth in his UA gear. Roll Tide!