Saturday, November 04, 2006

A rumbly in my tummy...

This morning I thought I'd tell you about my favorite thing about pregnancy. I'm far enough along now, 28 weeks, the beginning of my third trimester, that I think I finally have some experience with this pregnancy thing. I enjoy feeling my stomach tighten after I eat a bunch at this point because it's still neat and not too uncomfortable. I enjoy seeing my big tummy under my favorite apron in the mirror opposite our kitchen when I'm cooking. I like the way I look in maternity clothes, most of them anyway. There are some things I haven't enjoyed so much about pregnancy, like waking up to go to the bathroom all the time and backaches and having trouble getting comfy and getting my bras to fit (bra extenders are an amazing thing though). But those things have really not been bad, just mildly annoying at times. I really can't complain. With all the good and the mildly annoying, though, there is one thing I really love about being pregnant. I love to wake up every morning and feel him waking up with me. I wake up, and he gives me some nice kicks or rolls around, and I feel like he's telling me "Good morning, Mommy!" I smile, and I feel so at peace. I love it. It's the most amazing thing, and it's impossible to describe to David, really. He just wants the baby to come out so he can play with him. I, however, am happy for the baby to stay in a little longer at this point. I know that I'll miss having him so close to my heart. This is the closest that we'll ever be, him and me, and I want to savor all of it. One day soon, he will be outside of me in a big, wide world, and that big, wide world and the very big God that rules it will tug him away from me in all sorts of directions. That's as it should be; I know we can't keep our children with us forever. But for now, I want to appreciate the miracle of holding him this close. I love you, big boy, and I'm glad that God has given me this special time with you.

1 comment:

SMS said...

good morning :) looks like we both had the same idea this morniing :) glad you are happy feeling mommy-esque :) love!