Saturday, November 18, 2006

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake...

My mom and her friend, Denise, are visiting us this weekend. My mom is a tireless tourist. Our family vacations were always educational, and she could wear out the entire family with multiple historic sites in one day. We'd be panting and ready to hit the hotel pool, and she'd want to see another Indian burial mound. I knew what I'd be in for, so I sent the two of them off with a marked Metro map earlier today. I haven't heard from them; we'll see if they ever make it back. =) At this point, my pregnancy weight gain has been putting some pressure on a plantar wart I've had on my foot forever with no problems 'til now, so I'm not enjoying doing tons of touring. I've been happily reading and preparing a nice meal for them for when they come in. The "I've got to cook for you" excuse was a nice one today. I've got a roast in the crockpot, the rolls are coming off the dough cycle, and I just popped a cake in the oven. I've had some requests for this recipe, and it's a super easy fall one, so I thought I'd share it while I have the card out. Here goes:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake

1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) plain yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines or another brand without pudding in the mix)
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1/4 c. water
2 large eggs
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
2 t. baking soda
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350, and spray a 12 c. Bundt pan with cooking oil. Dump all ingredients except chocolate chips and pecans in a large bowl and beat until well combined. Add chips and nuts and beat slowly to combine. Pour in Bundt pan and bake for about 42-46 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Easy peasy! Enjoy!

No comments: