Friday, March 31, 2006

Passing...

I just thought I should let everyone know that I passed my comprehensive finals. All my t's are crossed, and my i's are dotted, and I should receive my M.A. in History on May 6. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me. My test day went really well, there were no nasty surprises on the test questions, and my thoughts came pretty easily. I felt pretty good about it, but you never know, so I was glad to get the news for my committee chair. I'm a little reluctant to share the next bit of news because I don't want to act like this is too big of a deal, but I got a letter in the mail letting me know that my department has named me as the 2006 Outstanding Graduate Student in History. It's a nice thing to have on my resume, so I appreciate that. It's nice to know that my professors must think I've had something besides inane babbling to contribute during our seminars together. So I'm letting those of you that care about this sort of thing know about it so I don't have to hear indignant grumbling about how I didn't tell anybody. When I started my M.A., I wasn't sure if I'd be finishing, or if I should be starting or finishing. But David encouraged me, and I enjoyed it, and it just might come in handy some day (an M.A. in anything can be an asset). Thanks to all of you who have supported me in numerous ways.

2 comments:

Momma B. said...

Congrats!! I knew you would do well and I am not at all surprized that your professors picked you for that honor! Issac is very handsome by the way!! I am so glad you had a great visit!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! You deserve it! Rachel