Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ok, ok...

Alright, I had my little freakout session, and I'm fine now. Hope I didn't scare anybody too bad. Sorry, Mom. =) I wrote the last post on Thursday night late, and on Friday, the topic of my daily devotional was "Mobilizing Fear." The verse was, "Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me."-Psalm 23:4. The devotional went on to say that some people try to control situations in an attempt to ensure a certain outcome. Hmm, guilty of that. "Instead of giving in to fear, move closer to Christ." As if that wasn't a good enough kick in the pants, the nightly devotional that David and I read together before bed was about how seemings and feelings are often substituted for faith. We have to distinguish between the fact of God's presence and our emotions about the situation. Hmm. Ok, ok, I guess I'd better try to get the point for about the 1000th time. God is here, He doesn't hate me because I don't get to do what I want when I want, and my fear is only going to make living by faith a lot harder. It won't change my circumstances, anyway, so why worry? Maybe one day I can get this to sink in for longer than 2 seconds. Thanks for your prayers. My comps are tomorrow from 12-4.

No comments: