Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Turning your perspective around...

One way to look at things... or another...

- "There is no way I'll ever be able to pick out fabric for that gift with Seth. He just unrolled an entire roll of ribbon and then proceeded to pull the holder apart. I am so frustrated...." OR...
- "Well, this means I'll be able to spend more time on getting this right, by myself, at a fabric store instead of Walmart. I can put the ribbon back together in case somebody else needs it; there weren't many left of that kind. And he's certainly good at his fine motor skills..."

- "I have about 80 pounds of groceries here this week. And I'm 29 weeks pregnant. And its going to take me about 6 trips to get them all into the house..."
- "We have money to buy all this food. David still has a job. Seth, can you say, "We thank God for food?" And I just worked some everyday conversation about God for toddlers in there. =)"

- "Why can't you finish out this grocery trip without melting down? I just have a little bit more to do. Do I really have to give you your snack bag so I can finish up?"
- "Thank God I have a full back of snacks in the diaper bag!"

Sometimes a little perspective change is all we need to keep a day from going south. I need to work on making the effort to obtain one more often...

No comments: