Friday, June 09, 2006

And yet another adventure...

This may be my last post for a little while. I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by boxes, wondering how I'm going to get out of this room. The computer is going bye-bye for several weeks, depending upon how quickly we get internet service again. My dad always said, "Don't do too many major life things at one time: moving, getting married, having children, changing jobs, etc." I love you, Daddy. Sorry I can't take your advice this time. =) God seems to have other plans for us, and His plans for us must not include quiet and calm and serenity right now. =) The movers are coming to load our U-Haul tomorrow morning, and we're off to another adventure at our new home in Arlington, VA. My mom is my hero. She's been here for a week, singlehandedly packing our entire apartment with a smile on her face. I haven't been much help. I've been afraid to get too tired out because of how early I am in the pregnancy, so I sit around feeling guilty instead. Oh well, I'll never be able to repay her for everything anyway. Just add on to my tab. But I did take her to see her new grandchild! I had my last ultrasound at my clinic this morning, and I thanked the doctors and nurses for all their good care over the past year. This was my last chance to see Peanut one more time before I change doctors. (By the way, if any of you can recommend a good obgyn and hospital in northern Virginia, please let me know.) He/she's just beautiful, and that little heartbeat was comfortingly as strong as ever. I found out that once they see a heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage goes down dramatically to less than 10%. I know that nothing is certain, but sometimes statistics do make me feel better, and this was one of those times. Things are going really well with my hormone levels, and the doctor told me that I'm not considered a high risk pregnancy now. Praise the Lord! David and I have been loved on a lot this week. If we ever had any doubts that we have been appreciated in Alabama, those are gone. I got to go to David's last work Bible study, and I was amazed by the love and prayers that have reached out to us over these years. My friend, Melanie, even wrote a song for us and played it on her guitar! Thank you to each of you who have made our time in Alabama so special. Your prayers and support have made all the difference in our lives. We are humbled over and over again by the unselfish agape of the family of God. We won't forget you. That would be impossible to do. There are going to be challenges ahead, and we continue to ask for your prayers. And we know that you'll lift us up to the Father just as you've always done. You have made Birmingham truly "sweet home Alabama" to us. Roll Tide (sorry Auburn fans)! =) We love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant wait until you get up here!!!! Whoo hoo!!! Weekend trips to DC! Cant wait! So glad you are doing well and all is safe and sound with your beanie baby in there. much love!
-sarah

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ellen,

Peace. Jesus is our Peace!

Have you ever read Splashes of Joy in the Cesspools of Life? It's a wonderful book to pick up at a time like this! (-:

Love to you and thanks for the address. We love you!

Pam