Monday, June 26, 2006

More pictures of our apartment...



Ok, here are more pictures. The lovely view is what we see out of our living room window. When the sun is shining and there are nice fluffy clouds, its especially nice. The kitchen looks small, but it has two doorways, so it feels open. I actually have a lot more cabinet space than I did in our last apartment, though I did lose counter space. I love cooking with gas. I've missed it, and now I have it again. Everything is very newly renovated and clean. I didn't take pictures of our big walk-in closet or the loo, but they're nice, too. We do have a lot of storage space, and that's great. I like this apartment. I wouldn't want to be throwing too many dinner parties for 30 here, but it can accomodate smaller groups with no problem. =) The couch is a sofa bed, for those of you who are planning a visit. We put in extra towel racks for you, too! I thought I would miss my washer and dryer, and I do a little bit, but we have had some big loads of laundry because of moving and vacation, and I have really enjoyed doing 5 loads at one time in the basement laundry room. There are about 25 washers and dryers down there. It's also nice that we just go around the corner from the elevator to empty the trash. Trash chutes are lovely. By far, the best thing about the apartment is it's excellent location. You take 395 to get here, and right before our exit coming from the south, you turn a bend and see the Washington Monument and the Potomac River. You also see the Pentagon, since we're about 2 miles from it, if that. Our apartment is right across from the Pentagon City Mall and Metro stop. We literally cross the street, and we're at the Metro. This is very important for David's commuting time to and from work, and its the main reason we feel very fortunate to have been able to get in here. It's also nice to be able to cross the street and go to the drug store or World Market or a ton of other stores. I'm going to have to resist temptation. I've never lived this close to a mall before. I know this has been rambling, but I did want to give you a peek into city living. It's a very different world from suburbia. =)

2 comments:

Momma B. said...

CUTE!! It looks really homey and nice. Sounds like God is taking care of you!! I'll try and get my act together and post some pics of our new casa as well. Lots of Love

SMS said...

wow .. looks like a little piece of oak ridge right there in dc.. i feel like i have seen this decorating theme somewhere...hmmm.. thinking... ;)