Monday, February 20, 2006

Starting the shots...

Well, I thought I'd let you know that I'm now sticking needles in my stomach. =) After all that frustration and anxiety, I finally get to start trying again. After my fast day, David and I decided that God wasn't telling us not to do the shots, since we'd had too many encouraging signs from Him before the setback. The next day, I started cramping. Go figure. I've now been taking a shot in my stomach each night for three nights. Praise the Lord, I haven't had any side effects or mood swings so far. I'm even getting used to the procedure, and it doesn't seem so bad. So now I'm calling all prayer warriors! Please pray specifically that I would ovulate on this drug. That is not a given, though most women do ovulate on it. Also, please pray that I would not have any negative side effects. Pray also, and this is very important, that I won't have more than 3 mature eggs on this drug. We have decided that, ethically and morally speaking, we cannot proceed if we have more than that. The survival rate and the rate of complications with quadruplets is more than we feel like God has called us to risk, and that would be a possibility with more than 3 mature eggs. Hopefully, I should know whether or not these prayers are answered by around March 11. Nothing is certain with these treatments, but this is what they're telling me now. It could all change, but please be praying during this time. After that, it'll be a waiting game for a pregnancy test. I appreciate any and all prayers for us. Pray that we would have faith for our own healing right now. That is sometimes tough, especially considering what has gone before, but we want to exercise that kind of faith. We haven't been told to move on yet; we've been called to do treatments, so we want to pray with faith for what we're called to do today. I hope that makes some sense.

No comments: