Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Whirlwind of activity...

I had a great time visiting my oldest friend (known longest, not youth challenged) in New York this past weekend. I don't have time to post about it now, though, because I got back in town in barely enough time make lesson plans and teach preschool and turn around and get ready for company! Terri and Isaac are coming in this afternoon! Terri has a wedding in Richmond, so I get to tag along and babysit my adorable nephew. I've been cleaning all morning, and I think my cleaning days are rapidly coming to an end. I had trouble leaning over the bathtub, and I have a cleaning product headache that I don't like. I guess you won't be using a very clean bathroom if you come to visit me in the next few months. I'll give you some Clorox wipes and you can go in at your own risk. =) I'll post about all the festivities after they're over. Oh, and our camera and cell phone have definitely met their maker. They've gone to that electronic graveyard in the sky. If anybody has any tips on what to replace the camera with, I'm open to suggestions. I really like the ease of use of Kodak, but I'm not sure I get the best quality pictures possible with it. I'm just not sure on this one. I've been looking at a Canon Power Shot in 7 or 8 mp. There are some good deals to be had on the web. I want it to be small enough that I can carry it around easily, it has to have a standard SD memory card, and it has to take double AA lithium batteries. I have decided to reject some cameras because they didn't have these features. Oh, and a viewfinder. I really dislike framing my pictures using an LCD screen. I'm not sure how easy Canon is to navigate for someone who just wants easy point and shoot capability, so if anybody knows anything about them, let me know. I also dislike that their LCD screen gets complaints about poor color and resolution, but the actual picture quality seems to be universally raved about. Hmmm. I hate making decisions like this, and I have a hard time spending a big chunk of money at once without knowing what I'm getting. The restocking fees charged (15% of the camera price to return it!) make me nervous. Grrr. Retailers need to get better about this. So that's the random stuff I'm dealing with at the moment. Now off to take a shower before picking up Terri and Isaac!

1 comment:

Momma B. said...

I am glad to hear you had a good weekend and also glad to hear that you are replacing your camera!! Have fun with Terri and Isaac!