Thursday, August 08, 2013

Random bits...


A "dragon"... clearly.

- The back yard looks like Sanford and Son moved in. David and I are trying to see the torn up cardboard boxes, cinderblocks, and leftover decking boards as symbols of creativity and free expression. The key word is "trying." David is wondering how long it will take him to pick up the yard before he mows. I'm glad he wears eye protection because who knows what could be lurking in the (crab)grass.

- Seth fashioned a "tow truck" out of a plastic clothes hanger and some paper strips. He showed me how he can attach it to the front of the "broken down" dump truck and haul it around.

- Seth puts on his clothes backwards almost every day. If you see him not wearing his shorts and shirt backwards, you've caught him on a rare day. I smile at it most of the time. He'll stop doing it one day, and I'll miss it. BUT... he's teaching Evan to do it. I don't know if I want to let this mildly endearing little boy thing go that far...

- Ben is my first to figure out what soda is before the age of 2. He is always on the lookout for an unguarded soda can/fountain drink, etc. He's a complete nuisance at any gathering where there are drinks. He also loves water bottles. He decided that he would rather spend his time at the inflatable jumping place this morning trying to scavenge sugar water from every mom there than actually jump. Drove. me. craz- zeeeeee...

- The fighting and whining around here have really ramped up in the last couple of weeks. When I pray every night before bed that God will let Seth wake up in the morning in a kind and less than argumentative mood, we're not in a great place. 

- Ben has also turned into a clingy, crying, piece of work. If he's not bringing me a book and yelling "Bookie! Bookie!" around his passy, he's going to the fridge and pulling on it and yelling, "Milkie! Milkie!" If I don't oblige in 2.5 seconds, he melts down in a big way. It's been a lot of fun. 

- Hmmm... something positive, something positive... I'm back at the gym again since I gave it up for Ben's pregnancy. Since I found out that Jazzercise is conveniently located across the street from my house, I ran out of excuses not to work out. And I'm actually enjoying it! (Will wonders never cease? God is in the miracle working business still, people.) I'm even trying to figure out if its possible for me to go twice a week. (Mom? Mom? Dad, throw some cold water on her. I know she'll come to in a minute.) 

No comments: