Thursday, August 03, 2006

Belly pictures...

I figured it was time. Time to show off the poochy baby belly! =) Here I am at 15 weeks. I had David take these pictures in the evening because that's when my tummy seems the stretchiest and poochiest. I'm not sure why; maybe all those muscles stretching out during the day? In the bottom picture, I'm still wearing my own low, low rise jeans and a maternity top courtesy of the very generous maternity lending closet of Michele DuVall. In the top picture, I'm wearing a stretchy dress that I've had for years. David thinks this one really shows off Baby, and I figure I'll never get into it again, so hey, why not stretch it out? =) I went through my closet today and took out all the non-maternity things that I know I can't make work for the next several months. I discovered that some of my picks when we moved only a month and a half ago were pretty unrealistic. It was kind of a big deal for me to do this. I'm getting more comfortable and more excited about being a mom every week. I didn't realize how reserved and guarded my emotions were until I began noticing this change in them. I really didn't want it to, but my miscarriage caused me to stuff down my hopes about this pregnancy until the last couple of weeks. I also seem to be hearing a lot horror stories about pregnancies lately; I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good thing to tell those to a pregnant woman, but there you have it. I'm thankful that it's getting easier for me to enjoy this time and dream about the baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful you are! His mercies are new every morning. Keep watching for the signs of His faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! Look at that cute belly! I showed Mike...we are so happy for you and David (I know I always tell you this). God is blessing this baby with two wonderful parents. :) Keep me updated. Love you and miss you lots!

SMS said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Anne, you look adorable!!!!!!! What a beautiful bump you have! Can wait to see it in person.. girls weekend NYC/DC YAY!!!! I love you madly!!
..Diana..

Momma B. said...

Oh, MY GOODNESS!! You have to be the cutest pregnant woman EVER!! At 15 weeks I always just looked fat! You look great and I am so glad you are able to enjoy it more!! Blessings to all three of you!!