Monday, July 24, 2006

Going home...

You won't be seeing anything up for me this week. I'm going home to visit Mom and Dad. I can't remember the last time I got to go home. It may have been at Christmas; I'm not sure. Boy, I miss Oak Ridge. So I'm heading out of the Beltway, saying good riddance to miles of concrete, and I won't be back until Friday comes. Oh, and for those of you who've been praying for my infection, the antibiotic didn't cure it. I'm still drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, and they are sending off a sample to a lab today. It sounds like, though, that if I don't get better, they may have to put me on "supressive therapy," a pill a day, until I deliver. The thought of this is pretty upsetting to me. It seems that they don't think they can do anything to cure me of this either. I read that chronic uti's in pregnancy are associated with low birth weight and early delivery, so this does not make me happy. I'm trying to trust God about this, but it's hard. I just don't want anything to hurt the baby. Please pray that I'll get better soon. There isn't anything I can do, and once again, I'm tired of not being in control. And if anybody has any advice or suggestions about this, besides cranberry juice and water, or if they know anybody who's had this problem and gave birth to a healthy baby anyway, that info would be greatly appreciated. =)

No comments: