Friday, March 09, 2012

The Best thin crust around….

Today was a rotten day. Ben napped horribly, and when I finally got him down, the boys started fighting at the foot of the stairs and woke him up. Grrrr. I get so tired by the end of the week, and it’s hard to push through.

Well, at least the new recipe I tried was a hit out of the ballpark. I was looking for an instant pizza crust recipe and for one that would be thin crust. I found both in the same recipe, and its the best crust recipe I’ve ever tried. Evan hasn’t been willing to eat pizza until now, and he ate an entire slice!

I got the recipe from Money Saving Mom, but I’m putting it in here with my modified instructions.

Instant Homemade Pizza Dough

1 Tbsp. active dry yeast

1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)

1 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

2 1/2 cups flour

Preheat your pizza stone for an hour in a 450 degree oven.

Dissolve the yeast in the water. Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix with your mixer.

Dump onto a floured surface.

Knead into a smooth dough (a couple of minutes or so).

Roll out thin on parchment paper and prick with a fork. Slide onto hot pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes.

Add toppings. Sprinkle oregano and grated parmesan on top of the cheese.

Bake at 450 degrees F. for another 6-7 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.

I made up 3 bags of the dry ingredients, and they’re in the pantry now with the wet ingredients written on each bag with a permanent marker. I was really surprised how fast it all came together… and by how few dishes I made doing it this way. This is last minute pizza at its finest.

No comments: