Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy Birthday to Emma Catherine...

My good friend, Rachel, gave birth to a baby girl yesterday at 8:00 a.m. Welcome to the world, Emma Catherine! She was a little early at 38 weeks, but that didn't put a dent in her size, a hefty 9 lb., 11 oz. Rachel has the kind of labors and deliveries that most women dream about. This was her longest labor, at 1 1/2 hours, and she delivered her 9 pounder without tearing or anesthesia of any kind. Hear the jealousy. =) I'm so happy for the Brown family. When Rachel called to give me the news, all of a sudden I felt like having my son is actually getting close. I'm only at 22 weeks, so I've got about half of my pregnancy left to go, but it still felt more real. I kinda wanted to shout, "Ok, my turn next!" =) Rachel's happiness is more tangible to me now, I guess, and I want all the details for when my turn comes. We had a quiet weekend at home, and it was nice. Poor David is nursing a cold, and despite that, he put in a full day's work at our computer on Saturday. We got into a discussion of all the foods that our mothers' carefully rationed out to us as children, and this led to a discussion of the basic goodness of all things McDonalds. After we'd salivated over the thought of fries fried to perfection in animal lard, I decided to put my finished pot of soup in the fridge for another day, and we walked across the street to the mall food court. It was a nice little treat. Mom, if you're reading this, I swear I don't do it often. This baby is mostly on a strict diet of whole grains and low fat proteins. Mostly. =) We finally got another lamp for the dark corner of the dining room/living room, and it has made such a huge difference. It inspired me to think about putting more things up on the wall. I really do like our cozy, little apartment, and I'm also nesting. So I have to make it beautiful and homey for Baby, even if I can't paint. Oh, and as another random thought, I've been enjoying going to the blogs of other Christian women. One of my favorites is www.chasingcontentment.blogspot.com. Check it out sometime. It's worth a read. Have a great day! Until I write again...Ellen

1 comment:

Chel said...

Why, thank you! I'm delighted to hear that folks enjoy my blog. You come and visit anytime.

Happy Thanksgiving!