Thursday, December 07, 2006

A great loss...

I posted a couple of months ago about Cheryl Stolldorf, my sister-in-law, Terri's mother. She went into the hospital with bad headaches, and they discovered a mass of swollen capillaries in her brain. They drained them, and she went home. We were all so thrilled, and it looked like everything would be just fine. This Tuesday, she went back into the hospital with the same kind of headaches. This time, the doctors found that the capillaries had grown and had burst. Throughout the day, she became more unresponsive, and by Tuesday night, she was gone. I know there are a lot of Christians that read this blog, and I know that you are prayer warriors. Please pray for the Stolldorf family. Cheryl hadn't even reached the age of 50. She was an active, selfless, Christian woman with tons of energy and heart. I didn't know her as well as I would've liked, but I know enough to know that she was a stellar example of godly womanhood to many, me included. There was no indication that she would leave her family so suddenly at such a young age. Her husband, Dan, and her children, AJ, Allie, and Terri have a lot of shock and grief to bear. Please lift them up to the Father in the next few days. Her funeral will be Monday, and we will be going to NC for it. Please pray that we would say and do only what would be helpful to all of them during this time.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was so sorry to hear about Cheryl's death. I would like to contact Terri but don't know how. I met her a few years back when we would talk at the many Celebration conferences that we attended over the years. I lost my mom unexpectedly when I was around her age. So I can completely understand her grief.

You didn't have a contact email in your profile, so I am going to give you my "junk" email because I don't like to give out my real one on blogs. It's sallysue7171@hotmail.com. Please give this address to Terri when you feel it's an appropriate time.

Suzanne in Tennessee

Nancy Key said...

test test