Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Loving on my nephew...



Terri and Isaac came to visit this past week for a long, jam-packed weekend. Terri was in the wedding of an old friend in Richmond, so I traded time with her and my nephew for chauffeuring/babysitting duty. I think I definitely got the better end of the deal. =) They flew into Reagan National on Wednesday, and we drove to Richmond on Thursday night. We stayed with David's Aunt Judy, world's most gracious hostess. Then it was a flurry of activity with all the wedding festivities on Friday and Saturday, we came back Saturday night, and they flew out again early Monday morning. Nobody got enough sleep (we got naps in shifts on Sunday afternoon =), and the time went by way too fast, but I'm soooo glad they came. I haven't seen the munchkin since he was three months old. They were in Germany all summer, and as you know, we were kinda busy then, too, so it's been too long since I've snuggled Isaac. He's 8 months old now! It's hard to believe the time went by so fast. He loves to give hugs, and the first thing he did when he saw me at the airport was give me a big smile and reach out for me. He hugged me for a good, long time. He likes blonde ladies like his mommy. =) He's such a good, adaptable baby, too. He did great considering the fact that we constantly changed his sleeping spots. Poor little guy. My brother and I have always been close, and we've stayed close despite time and distance. I love getting to hold and cuddle his son. Isaac reminds me so much of Vance's baby pictures and the tapes of him laughing that Mom keeps around. It's eerie because they're so similar right now. I know that he'll change a lot, and as he gets older, he'll become more and more his own person, but it's neat to see the family resemblance right now. I'm looking forward to seeing some Terri in there, too, one of these days. =) I think some of his squeals and noises come from her side of the family. The whole package is adorable. It was really hard to let them both go, and it hurt to hug him goodbye. We don't see them enough. It made it a little easier that I'll be holding my own little boy in my arms before I know it. It was nice to have a "starter" baby boy to practice on. =) And seeing David with a sleeping boy in the stroller was a big heart melter for me. I can't wait. I hope my little guy comes on time so we can have family birthday parties together with his big cousin.

1 comment:

SMS said...

My GOSH how adorable is he??? Such a sweet looking little vance-ling!! It is really amazing how much he looks like his papa. I do see some mama in there too though :) So glad you guys had such a good visit! Baby fever is getting stronger up here !!!!!!!!!!!!