Sunday, October 14, 2012

field trip fun…

IMG_0740

I’m sitting here with a cup of cocoa, feeling a bit lousy. I’ve had a cough for over a week, and I thought it was my annual fall allergy making its visit. But now Ben is pathetically barking and crying, and I hear from my mom that Seth came down with a cough on their little fishing weekend at the cabin.

They’ll be back soon, and it’ll be time to gird up my loins for a week of sickness and potential quarantine. Sigh. So I thought I’d post a few pictures of a happier day.

I got a great deal on a fall family pass to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. We took a break between book unit studies to head there with friends one beautiful fall day.

IMG_0741 Seth and Evan loved the pumping stations. There were all kinds of fun levers to experiment with, and if you pumped hard enough, you could get water to come out of lots of random pipes. =)

IMG_0743 Ahhh, the insect house. Seth is staring at these really awesome leaf bugs. They look just like green leaves, and their movements are kind of a sway, like a leaf blowing on a tree. Isn’t God cool? =)

IMG_0744

They had several little petri dishes with live bugs in them, and you could slide them under the powerful microscope, and they’d show up on the screen far larger than life….

My goal is to get there again at least once before the end of October.

No comments: