Wednesday, July 13, 2011

s.O.P.P. Skillet…

In my never ending quest to find easy, somewhat healthy dinners, I came across a new use for turkey smoked sausage today. =)

It’s a Sausage, Onion, Potato, and Pepper Skillet meal!  Very simple…

Cut up 1 long turkey smoked sausage linky thing. (You know, from the Butterball package of 2 found at every supermarket.) Freeze the other one.

Chop one onion and one green pepper, and get a skillet heating with a little canola oil in it, just a couple of tablespoons.

Peel and cut one large baking potato into small pieces. Put in a microwave safe dish with a dribble of water and microwave for 5 minutes.

Start sauteing the pepper, onion, and sausage. Add cooked potato. Season with salt, pepper, and a little cajun seasoning or other seasoning blend of your choice.

Stir occasionally while you make a salad, mostly ignoring it all for 10 minutes…

Voila!

I realized that I could probably do this a lot more easily without all the vegetable chopping if I just buy a frozen package of potatos O’Brien. And that may be exactly what I do when Boy III arrives… Or I may do all my chopping earlier in the day while male family members are napping… =)

No comments: