Thursday, March 15, 2007

Those baby blues...

It's not showing up this well on blogger, but in this picture, it became quickly apparent that the boys have the same big, blue eyes. I like this shot. They were having some down time on Sunday morning after Wendy's wedding. It was nice to relax, and I even got a bubble bath for the first time in about a year! My bathtub is nasty, and it was great to soak in a clean tub that I don't have to clean. =) I love hotels. We stayed in a Hampton Inn because we didn't think that there might be something cheaper in Goldsboro, silly us. I'm glad we weren't tempted to cheap out, though. It was still a steal compared to DC prices. It had a nice, soft mattress on the king bed with down pillows. There's something decadent to me about watching cable tv in bed, and we don't do that unless we stay in a hotel. I also love the fact that there is nothing that I have to do in a hotel room. I can't be constantly tempted to get up and do some little chore. My family hardly ever stayed in hotels when I was a kid, so I think it just seems special to me still.

And we needed some down time after a whirlwind weekend. Seth is a wonderful little traveler. He likes his car seat, and he slept most of the way down. No fussing for him. And he slept well in the hotel room in his pack n' play. Just like at home, really. But..that doesn't mean that driving 10 hours in two days with a 6-week-old is any picnic. It's not. We got up early, left the second I finished feeding him, drove and drove, and I pumped in the front seat 30 minutes before he had to eat. Then we stopped quickly and switched places, and David fed him a bottle while I drove. We got there just in time for me to feed him again before changing in the pastor's office for the wedding. Whew! We repeated the routine the next day, except that we stopped by Chris and Mandy's on the way back, not realizing that we'd lost an hour for daylight savings time. It was not early when we got back. We wouldn't have missed Wendy's wedding for the world, and it was definitely worth the long trip, but I don't recommend doing that if you don't have to. =)

No comments: