Monday, December 01, 2008

The morning after...

We're back from Thanksgiving. It was a nice time with David's family in Norfolk. There was a lot of bike riding and walking and game playing... and no football watching. What a weird family, huh? =) David's cousin, Keith, and his wife and son came, so Seth had even more people to take pictures and spoil him. He was in full on show off mood for days. Very amusing.

We came back on Saturday night, and we got to go to our own church and S.S. on Sunday. I enjoy being able to do that sometimes, even on a trip weekend. And then we had time to rest and recup for today. The weather was gross, and I loved drinking hot tea and being in my p.j.'s all afternoon.

I started feeling the baby move on Thanksgiving Day. I felt Seth move pretty early, too, so this isn't surprising. It feels like bubbles popping in my tummy, mostly. What a nice way to remember the date! I need to appreciate God's special kindness to me to let it happen on that day. I'm feeling really good these days, and I definitely look more and more pregnant. I should post a picture soon, and you'll know what I mean.

I have woken up this morning fighting feelings of inadequacy, though. I don't know exactly why. Well, it probably has something to do with the to-do list that feels very long. And the fact that my bedroom is still a mess probably means that I don't wake up feeling settled when I look around. Generally, I guess we all just wake up some mornings and have a good, long list of ways that we have failed to measure up that immediately come to mind. So, today, I'm fighting to remember that Christ loves me and has made me adequate, even when I don't feel like it. And I get to start fresh today! Ok, time to put some laundry in before the baby wakes up.

And I did get my Advent wreath up on the first Sunday of Advent. That's a new record! We even lit the candle and read the Scripture. Now I just need to find some candles that aren't totally washed up. =)

No comments: