Tuesday, May 08, 2012

random…

DSC_0808

 

It’s late, and I should be in bed. I just can’t get my brain to shut down so I can go to sleep. I have been lying awake planning out this coming week. You know how that can go. We’ve got last MOPs, last CBS, a baby shower (that I’m hosting), a birthday party, a graduation, a work picnic, taking a meal to a family with a new baby, visiting my bro and his family at my parents, a baby dedication, and Mother’s Day.

And I’m doing it all with an almost 3-year-old who is potty training and a baby who has learned to sit up on his own, (!) but has now discovered that he gets bored easily and wants to be entertained.

We started Evan potty training this Saturday. It amazes me how one can get a little guy to try and potty every 5 minutes, and he can still have an accident. Sigh. He’s done really, really well at going, but he’s definitely having accidents. He went through two outfits at church on Sunday. I’m not as freaked by the whole process as I was the first time around…. and I’m also not expecting anything other than for it to take a long (and wet) time.

We’re enjoying lots of drawing time around here lately. Seth has suddenly become completely fixated on drawing animals. I bought a set of drawing books by Usborne before he was born that I remembered from my childhood. He has worked through a lot of “How to Draw Animals,” drawing lizards, frogs, cats, fish, etc. He draws them, and then he cuts them out. He’s made huge improvements in his drawing ability in a couple of short weeks.

Since Seth is doing so much drawing, Evan wants to be in on it, too. He scribbles furiously on a page, and then he holds it up. “See, Mommy, I drew a starfish.” Un huh. =)

We’re going through a lot of printer paper.

I’m dealing with spring allergies. I have been mildly dizzy for a few weeks now, and I don’t expect it to end anytime soon. This week, I’ve had a sore throat and lots of drainage. I guess I should be thankful that it took this long for me to be plagued by them. My mom had to start getting allergy shots in grad school, and it looks like that’s where I’m headed, too. I say I should be thankful. I’m struggling with that. I hate feeling slightly cruddy with no end in sight.

Mom came to visit on the spur of the moment last week. I called her and said, “Hey, Mom, you wanna come play with us?” And she said, “Sure I do.” And then she packed an overnight bag, jumped in her van, and flew down the road to her grandsons. She stopped on the way for fresh strawberries. While she was here, she offered to pot my hanging baskets and plant zinnias for me.

My mom rocks.

Tomorrow is my last MOPs ever. I’ve been going since Seth was 6 months old, and he’s 5 now. Most of my friendships have come through MOPs, and I am going to feel lost and sad without it come fall. I know this, but I know its time to move on. Seth is starting kindergarten, and I need to focus on getting our school days established. We’ll still have Bible study one day a week, and some of my MOPs friends are in that as well. It’s going to be different, though. Time to leave one season and start moving into the next…

Ok, time to be done with this drivel. Oh, how do ya like my cute baby? He’s 8 months old now, and I think he might turn blonde….. =)

No comments: