Sunday, April 01, 2012

baby sweetness….

DSC_0742

Ben is 7 months old now. I’m not taking enough pictures, and that needs to change.

He’s become more and more smiley all the time. He squeals constantly. We bring him in the overflow room at church with us after I pick him up from nursery to feed him, and he’ll stare at Pastor Horner on the big screen and occasionally squeal loudly in pleasure. Everyone smiles, and an older lady told me today, “He’s going to be preaching one day. I love hearing him every week.” Hey, at least it’s a joyful noise.

I never want to forget how I’ll be holding him, and he’ll look me in the eyes, give me a big smile, and hold out both of his arms wide. He’ll reach forward with both hands and plant them on my cheeks. It’s like he wants to grab my face and give it a big, wet, slobbery kiss.

While the boys were away, he did lots of showing off for me. I got lots of gummy grins. BUT, when Seth and Evan got back, he was grinning fit to beat the band. He hadn’t smiled that much since they’d been gone. He wanted to be wherever they were, watching them.

I baby tent trained him while they were gone, and it worked. He now takes all his naps in there, and he sleeps in it at night. I move the tent into the little vanity alcove of my room, and I’ve put up a spring rod and a white eyelet cloth shower curtain. He can’t see me if I sneak in there to read or lie down.

Last night was the very first time I’ve put him down without rocking him to sleep first.

It’s been tough having a baby that wouldn’t go to sleep without being held and that wouldn’t nap in the afternoon without me. I will enjoy the ability to do more.

But I know I’m going to miss it, too. I’ll miss those naptimes with him curled into the crook of my arm.

And I’m going to rock him to sleep some. I can’t give it up completely. =)

No comments: