Saturday, February 04, 2012

more birthday fun…

IMG_0087

I smell of bleach from cleaning Evan’s vomit out of the tub. At least we had a ball today before another wave of sickness fell on us…. 

A new indoor playplace opened about 5 minutes from our house, so we decided to go and check it out this morning for Seth’s birthday celebration. It was great! Not crowded at all, and they had a lot to do. Mom and Dad came the last few days to celebrate with us, and Seth loved having them here. (I sure hope they don’t catch whatever Evan has now.)

IMG_0099 We’ve become good friends with our neighbors, so we took little Logan along to play this morning. We haven’t done an official party in years, preferring instead to have a special outing with one or two friends and maybe a set of grandparents.

IMG_0111 Evan learned how to play air hockey today. He really caught on quickly, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing with my 2 1/2 year old. I let him score a lot. He liked that. =)

DSC_0589 Seth wanted a shark cake this year. We are all tired because Ben has slept really badly the last 2 months, and I almost gave up and went out and bought a cake.

Mom wasn’t having any of that. She decided that she’d make the cake for me. We almost had a disaster when I didn’t have any black food coloring to make gray icing with, but I think it turned out fine, if a little green, using brown and blue. And who doesn’t love homemade cream cheese frosting, no matter what color it is? =)

No comments: