Monday, May 02, 2011

Pictures from my latest visit home…

 

IMG_0941 

A few pictures from my time with my parents….

Above we have the dinner bell. My mom would ring it to get us all to come in for dinner. When Vance and I got tall enough, she would send one of us out to ring Dad into the house. He was always outside in good weather around dinner time, come to think of it. =) And on the day I was married in our back yard, someone rang it to celebrate our beginning…

IMG_0944

Dad plowing the garden to plant this year’s silver queen corn. The tractor is a 1960’s Oliver that belonged to my grandfather. Dad inherited it, and it gets a workout when my boys come to visit. It’s their favorite toy, and if they don’t get at least one tractor ride a day while we’re there, life just isn’t worth living… =)

IMG_0954 Me and my biggest boy. I can’t believe he’s 4… and that he’s wanting to hear stories again and again about his life and our family’s life…

IMG_0955 “I’ll catch Evan, Mommy. That way he won’t fall off the end.” This was a slide that belonged to my brother and I when we were little. I can’t believe it still works after 30 years in the attic…

IMG_0959

Seth was very proud of himself for helping Papa plant corn. Here they are mulching the corn. Dad said he did great and was very patient and careful. Seth keeps talking about the corn that he planted, and how he’s going to get to eat it this summer. I’m glad he gets to have this experience without me having to create a garden at this stage of our life… =)

No comments: