These are a few things that I want to jot down so I don’t lose them to my fuzzy brain…
- Morning sickness was different this time around. I had it from 7-10 weeks, similar to Evan, but it was mainly afternoon and evening nausea. I hadn’t had that time of day before. Started around 1-2 p.m. and was usually the worst between dinnertime and 8:00 p.m.
- Crazy as it sounds, dairy helped the nausea. Drinking a glass of milk would help, and so would yogurt and ice cream. Nutso, huh?
- I’ve been craving salt a lot. I can’t remember the last time I went through a drive-thru specifically because I had to have french fries… until this week. I’ve also been eating ramen noodles. I know, I know… I don’t use the whole MSG laden seasoning packet. =)
- I’m more nervous about something going wrong with this pregnancy than I was with Evan. I think its the “glass half empty” pessimism that is a constant thing I have to shake off. It’s probably because we are already stretched thin right now… it’s easier for me to be afraid that this baby will be born with some awful health problem that will break us.
I don’t know if anyone else out there ever goes, “Well, we’ve been fine so far…. but we can’t dodge a bullet forever. We shouldn’t have pushed our luck, but we did, and now something’s going to bite us.” Or that could just be me. =)
- I remember successfully most of the time that the odds are good that everything will be just fine. And that’s a great thing.