Friday, December 17, 2010

THe simple woman’s day book…

For more Simple Woman’s Daybook, go to www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

Outside my window... the sky is gray, the air is frigid, and there are little patches of snow that haven’t melted yet in the backyard.

I am thinking... that I’m having trouble getting my brain to wake up today. It’s drowsy. =)

I am thankful for... a warm house with working heat, that today is Friday, and that we don’t have too many plans for the weekend.

From the learning rooms... Seth is making circles on the Magnadoodle and having me count them, and we did a set of progressive puzzles with increasing numbers of pieces this morning. He is also playing with the small plastic bugs that he only gets to play with when Evan naps. =)

From the kitchen... thawing chicken to cook later for chicken chimichangas. Glad that I have leftover toffee bark from last night’s party to serve to our dinner guests tomorrow night.

I am wearing... gray exercise pants, a navy shirt from Goodwill that says “Hangin’ with my peeps,” and a brown sweater. Very stylish, I know. Oh, and dirty white bedroom slippers.

I am going... to an indoor playground with the boys after lunch. And to pick up some plantains for fried plaintains tomorrow.

I am reading... “Father Brown: The Essential Tales”- by G.K. Chesterton

I am hoping... that David doesn’t come down with the cold he thinks he might be starting.

I am hearing... “I’ve got to get a hitcher for my tractor,”- Seth, and the hum of the fridge.

Around the house... I’m hoping to lay a fire in the fireplace when the kids go down for naps. Lets not even talk about the shower I’ve been avoiding cleaning for weeks…

One of my favorite things... Christmas lights over the mantel.

A few plans for the rest of the week…making cupcakes and icing for Baby Jesus’s birthday breakfast, putting together the wise man presents for Seth and Evan to deliver to him on Christmas Day, dusting, etc.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

IMG_0830

That’s my mentor mom, Lisa, and the fabulous table she put together for our MOPs Christmas tea. I think we get the award for tallest candlesticks. =)

No comments: