Monday, September 27, 2010

Gratitude…

DSC_0510

Thankful for….

- Soft, soaking rain falling for the first time in weeks…

- Boys who sleep in and take long naps…

- Arrival of a new baby niece, complete with my brother’s loved features imprinted across her tiny face…

- A dear friend who soothes me with theological knowhow as I fight against theology I know in my heart to do injustice to God’s love, loans me lovely books, and cuddles my boys…

- The sensuous writing of Peter Mayle’s “A Year in Provence”…. you can almost taste the fresh fruits and cheeses…

- Little boy spinning in circles as his toy plane goes “Up! Up! Up!,” and I dance around the kitchen, prepping breakfast casserole for tomorrow and dinner for today…

- An empty sink and clean laundry…

- A full to-do list…mostly checked off…

- A mercifully lovely start to the week after a rather rotten weekend of sickness…

- Time to make this list…

No comments: