Thursday, September 30, 2010

Contentment…

I have so much in my life. God has blessed me more than abundantly. I have a wonderful, godly husband that I soooo do not deserve, two beautiful, fun, and healthy boys, a nice house, a car to drive, good food on the table, etc., etc. I can go on and on. Really, I’ve got very little to complain about…

But, like everyone else I know on Planet Earth, I worry. I want despite what I already have…

There are a couple of significant areas of my life right now that I have absolutely zero control over. That’s really tough for me. All I can do is pray. And then pray again. And then pray some more.

This fallen world is a tough place to live. Those who follow Christ aren’t exempt from the junk that everyone else has to deal with… we just get to know that there’s a blessed and good end to it at some point. We struggle and fall and struggle some more. There isn’t enough true rest on this earth to really refresh us for long.

I don’t know what God’s answer for me and my family will be in these areas. I don’t do well with waiting, and I feel like I’ve already waited for too long. Most days I handle it all well, but other days, I struggle. This is one of those.

Thanks for praying for me.

No comments: