Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fudgesicles and Creamsicles

I called up Mom today, and she gave me her old recipes for fudgesicles and orange creamsicles. I remember eating the fudgesicles as a kid. We did have some sweet stuff… sometimes… but it was almost always homemade. =) Love you, Mom. Thank you for saving us from Fruity Sweetie Sugar Juicy Bars and all that other good stuff we begged you for incessantly.

And with no further ado…

 

Fudgesicles

1/2 c. sugar

2 T. cornstarch

3 T. cocoa powder

2 1/2 c. milk

Combine all of these in a saucepan, adding the milk in gradually while whisking. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Once it’s thickened, add 1 t. vanilla and 1 T. butter (optional- I’m pretty sure Mom never added it to ours, and they were still good). Cool, and pour into the popsicle mold of your choice.

 

Creamsicles

1-2 c. plain yogurt (the kind without sugar)

3-6 T. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

1/2- 1 t. vanilla

Stir together and freeze in popsickle molds. As you can see, you can make just half the recipe or the whole thing, depending on how much you love creamsicles. =) I don’t remember this one, so I think I’ll make the smaller quantity to start…

No comments: