Saturday, April 10, 2010

Moving day…

DSC_0417

 

We’re helping friends move in today…

They’re old friends from our D.C. days and law school days. And sometimes I still think it’s crazy that they bought a house just down the street from us. They’re embarking on this new suburban life just like we did, new baby and all. Nice to be able to relate and remember…

Now there’s somebody new to borrow a cup of sugar from… someone else cherished to swap babysitting and recipes and jokes and prayer with…

David’s bolting together beds and moving furniture. I already got to unload book boxes and exclaim over all the titles I greedily hope to borrow one day. Babies and toddlers played and grabbed and “helped” in the middle of the chaos and balled up packing paper and random stuff...

And now it’s naptime for our two, and I’m home making dinner for the tired crew when they’re done. I’m glad that I get to be a part of this. The potential and chaos of a new home is sweet and precious in its own way…

Especially when its not my chaos and my boxes needing unpacking. =)

No comments: