Monday, February 08, 2010

Painting popcorn...

A sunny, cold morning, and I wanted to try something new with my big boy. After spending some time with trucks, we moved on to... painting popcorn. I saw it on Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family. You just put food coloring in some milk, stir it up, and give them a paintbrush. The recommendation was for sweetened condensed milk, but I didn't have any of that, and regular milk worked just fine. He picked blue. He likes the color blue these days.

I wasn't thinking of this when I decided on this activity, but just watching the popcorn pop was a big deal for Seth. I pop it on the stove in a heavy bottomed, non stick pan with a little canola oil. You turn it up to high, put in one kernel, and watch for that to pop before putting in a couple more handfuls. I picked him up to look when that kernel was getting ready to go, and he thought it was awesome. "LOOK AT THAT, Mama! LOOK AT THAT!" How long has it been since I sat in wonder to watch popcorn pop? It's a treasure to see it again for the first time through his eyes...

No comments: