Thursday, February 11, 2010

An ordinary day...

These images are brought to you courtesy of the Nikon D50 manual, p. 18, where I finally figured out how to turn the automatic flash off on my camera. Yes, I read it before. No, I couldn't understand it. Now I do. And now I have these! Yippee!

There's a video making the rounds on YouTube these days where an experienced mother of two boys reads and letter and shows pictures of her little boys growing up. She concludes by wishing that she'd found more joy in the ordinary days when her boys were little... taking a walk, picking a flower, pushing on a playground swing.

I thought about it, and I realize that I don't think I'll have that regret when my boys are packing up to head off to college. I really have sincerely savored these ordinary days. Maybe infertility gives me a greater appreciation than I would've had otherwise because there were days when I honestly thought I'd never have this. So I get grumpy like anyone else, and I spend too much time on the computer, like lots of other women I know. But I also drink deeply in the moment. I know there will be days when I want this back. I just hope I remember it well...

Two little boys in a toy strewn room... one who has just learned to sit up, and another who has just learned to cut.

A smile between bursts of tears, framed on the back of the red velvet chair....



Tiny legs and tiny toes, splashing in the bath.... I hope you all find a few moments here and there to enjoy an ordinary day.


No comments: