Monday, February 08, 2010

Embroidered baby bib...

"Can I feed Evan ice cream, Mommy?" And so he does. Poor baby opens his mouth wide for the spoon and then gives me a pitiful, confused look when there's nothing in it. If only pretend ice cream tasted as good to him as it does to his big brother. But he still opens his mouth wide every time, despite the disappointment.

Things have gotten easier around here. I don't know when it happened exactly. It just crept up on me gradually. I woke up one day recently and thought, "Hey! I'm enjoying my life and my bitty boys without that undercurrent of stress and exhaustion that has been gnawing at me for so long." It's wonderful.

So I'm back to my old crafting and cooking ways with more delight than I've had in awhile. When it snowed over Seth's birthday, I embroidered this bib for a friend's baby. It took all of 45 minutes, and it was so easy. This is the picture before I washed the marker outlines out, but it still looks pretty good. I just drew everything on freehand with Crayola washable markers, fine tip. It washes out very easily; no need to soak. The embroidery thread is 3 ply strands, and I got the info on how to the do the center of the flower here from Sublime Stitching. I made one for Evan afterward, and I did the outline of a star for him. You can buy a pack of these cloth bibs from Babies R' Us, and I think they make cute gifts. Basic embroidery doesn't take a lot of time or skill, so it's perfect for me these days. =) If you try it, please comment and let me know how it went for you.



1 comment:

littlebeemama said...

I'm embroidering some onesies for Little Bee right now! I'll post pictures if I ever get done. Sublime Stitching has some great patterns, although I've been just surf Etsy for ideas.