Sunday, February 14, 2010

Easy Peasy Valentine's Day...

Another no stress Valentine's Day.... I've read a few places that people are tired of hearing the same old advice that you HAVE to have date night's, or your marriage will go to pot. Well, if having date night's means that you HAVE to get a babysitter, get dressed up, drive to a restaurant or movie, spend a couple of hours, and then come home... I completely agree with them. Those things aren't necessary to spend quality time together... if your kids go to bed pretty easily and sleep pretty soundly. And since ours do at this point, we like to spend Valetine's Day at home.

This year I actually bothered to iron the tablecloth (on low heat on the table =), put out the nice china, and stuck a bunch of construction paper hearts on the mantel. We'll be eating after the boys go to bed, so that means I wanted something easy, tasty, and a little different for us to eat. This meal from Trader Joe's is better than most Chinese takeout around here. Put it with a simple salad and a bottle of bubbly, and I think I came out for about $15 for the meal for us both. We'll sit by our own fire after dinner and talk about Valentine's gone by...

Our dating anniversary is on Valetine's every year. And this year it's been 11 beautiful years together. I love you, babe!










No comments: