Monday, August 17, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread

I got this recipe off of the Hillbilly Housewife site and modified it a bit. I made it with Seth today, and it was quick, easy, and healthy. He could dump all the ingredients for me and stir, and it didn't take too long to bake, so he got to eat what he'd made relatively quickly. I'm sure we'll have more for breakfast tomorrow...

2 c. white wheat flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 T. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1/4 c. canola oil
1 egg
1 c. milk
1-2 t. cinnamon
1 c. raisins
generous splash of vanilla

Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix. Pour into medium sized greased bread pan. Bake at 375 for 25 min.

Then mix 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar with a couple of teaspoons of milk. Spoon over the top of the warm loaf.

This isn't an overly sweet bread. I like the flavor, its pretty healthy, and it makes a nice, quick breakfast bread or something to take to a friend, all from ingredients I always have in my pantry.

No comments: