Monday, July 06, 2009

In the interest of full disclosure...

... we've seen some pretty low moments here today. So this post is for those who hint that I talk too much about sunshine and roses on my blog. =)

I woke up this morning with a urinary tract infection. If you've ever had one, I've probably said enough to conjure up some bad memories.

So this is essentially the phone call I made to my obgyn's office this morning...

Nurse: So what's going on?

Ellen: I woke up with a urinary tract infection, and it's getting worse. I have a 5 week old baby strapped to my chest in a Baby Bjorn so I can get in and out of the bathroom quickly. The pain makes tears come to my eyes... and I have a cranky two-year-old upstairs in crib timeout. Also, my husband can't come home from work. Can you please prescribe me an antibiotic? I have an appointment to see you tomorrow already, but that's not soon enough.

Nurse: Ohhhh- k. I will ask the doctor and get right back to you.

I got my antibiotic.

And now that I have it, and some painkiller, things are definitely looking up.

And I know she isn't, but if the lady who honked at me in the parking lot at Rite-Aid was reading this post, this is what I'd say to her:

" I'm ok now. Don't worry. I know that when you were turning, all you saw was a woman standing beside her open van door, blocking the space you wanted. So you honked. I know that it was only after she started yelling a boy's name in terror that you realized she was afraid you'd just run over her toddler (who, incidentally, was right in the van where she'd told him to go). And it was only after you got out of the car that you saw the disgusting, leaky diaper she was trying to change on the front passenger seat. And it was only then that you heard the angry 5-week-old screaming. So I'm not upset with you. Thanks for asking me three times if I was ok. We've all been there. Sometimes the situation looks completely different after you get the whole story..."

No comments: