Friday, February 13, 2009

Sad little boy...

I took this on the night of the Super Bowl. He was happy to get to watch a little tv for a change. Can ya tell? But he doesn't look this happy right now...

He's had a pretty high fever since Thursday morning. I was dumb enough that I didn't get the ear thermometer in his ear the right way the first couple of times I took his temp. I finally got a good reading at 5:30 p.m. that day, after his nap. It read 103.5! I was freaked. A call to the pediatrician assured me that its probably a virus, and he just needs lots of Motrin and sponge baths. Poor baby! He's had chills a couple of times, and that is truly pathetic.

It's only 11:45 p.m., and he's woken up a few times already tonight. Last night he also woke up a few times. I'm down in the kitchen, filling a pitcher with ice and his sippy cup to take back upstairs for later...

I know it may seem ridiculous, but this is the first time he's been so sick that he hasn't slept well at night. It's also the first time he's ever run a high fever. The child has been super healthy and illness resistant for about 2 years now, except for one stomach bug and a couple of colds. It's a really unsettling feeling to see your child feeling so bad and be unable to do much at all for them.

So please pray that this fever will break soon. I really want him to enjoy his Valentine's Day tomorrow...

No comments: