Sunday, February 22, 2009

My new friend, Ruby...


I have a new friend. Her name is Ruby. She's quiet, gentle, and loves to get dirt and dust off my floors. She's a joy to have around the house. She has this nice little docking station where she rests when we're not visiting. When she does want to come out, I just press the "clean" button on top of her head, and then she starts motoring around the room, picking up whatever she finds, even in the corners.

She slows down when she gets close to the furniture so she won't bump it too hard. She spends extra time on extra dirty areas of my floor. If I only want her to clean one area, I just press another button, and she spends a bunch of time in that one area. And when she's done in my room, she just goes home to her docking station, and there she stays, motoring down quietly, until I ask her to come and visit again.

I think Ruby and I are going to have a long and beautiful friendship. I'm glad to have met her on my 30th birthday. Who needs flowers or diamond earrings? My man knows what I really find romantic... Romance is defined so differently when you have a white floors, a toddler, and a baby on the way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought those looked so cool; but don't know of anyone who has one... sounds pretty awesome!

Momma B. said...

Happy Birthday.....last saturday. Sorry we missed it. Hope you had a great day!