Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

David, if you're reading, stop now...











Ok, I was really proud of how this card turned out, so I'm posting it. I try to make David a Valentine's Day card every year, but this is the best I've done in forever. =) Once upon a time, I worked at a preschool with an awesome die cut machine with a million die cuts. Around Valentine's one year, I brought in a ton of my own construction paper and cut out a truckload of hearts and flowers. I will probably be using them until our 20th V-day together... =)

Just thought I'd give you some ideas I've gleaned from the internet that you can use to create a special time, on the cheap, with your honey...

- Order a meal from a restaurant and eat in, after the kids go to bed. If you like the same thing, and the restaurant gives a ton of food, you could order just one meal and split it, bulking it out with extra sides. We've done pickup from Olive Garden and Outback Steakhouse. It's great; no fighting crowds on big holidays!

- Play the other person's favorite game. It's a special gift if he loves something like Battleship Gallactica: The Star Trek Edition. Ahem..

- Set the table with china and crystal and a nice tablecloth. This can be used year after year, so you get plenty of bang for your initial investment. Your grandma may have some china that she's dying to get rid of; I got mine from a great-aunt, and I love it. You don't have to have a full set, if you're not into storing all that. I just have a partial set, myself.

- Make dessert together for fun. If you have a fireplace, make s'mores! =)

- Find strawberries on sale, and then cut a V when you cut out the stem. Then cut them in half. They look like hearts. Very cute in a cut glass dish.

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! Wishing for babies who sleep well for ya and for good conversation and sweet moments for you all.

No comments: