Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009...

Seth, today is your 2nd birthday. I can now measure your life in years, and that seems so strange to me. I will never forget my joy on the day you were born, but as great as that day was, my joy has only increased since then...

Every day, I am so thankful that God made me your mother. It was a gift of pure grace. And every day, I love you more than I did the day before...

You are the delight of my heart each and every day. I love you, but I also like you more as you grow. You are becoming your own person, and I love to watch you learn about the world around you. There's nothing like watching you play and talk and sing. Each night, when I rock you and kiss your head, I think, "Remember this moment. Don't rush off to do something else. One day you won't have this soft head to kiss in the evening." So I don't rush off, and I hold you as long as I can. Enjoy your candles and your cake, little man. I think I just may enjoy them even more than you do...


3 comments:

SMS said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Seth!!!!! I remember sitting at my desk 2 years ago completely distracted by the little note on my calendar "baby Seth arrives". Seems like yesterday and a million years ago all at once. Love you little boy :)

Shannon said...

Happy birthday, sweet Seth! I can't believe it's been 2 years already...Ian will join you in the
Hall of Big Boys tomorrow! :)

dopie said...

Happy 2nd birthday, Seth! What a beautiful dedication your Mommy wrote to you. God has really blessed you all.