Friday, January 16, 2009

Creating a little hospitality...


Paula is here, and its 9:30 a.m., and she's still not up, so I consider this trip a big success already! =)

I'm not very good at coming up with thoughtful little touches. I like reading about them, but I usually feel overwhelmed and incapable of making something cute and sweet out of what I have. But... I really wracked my brain, and this is what I came up with for yesterday.

I moved Seth's round wooden play table (that used to be mine) upstairs to the guest room. I covered it with one of my rectangular tablecloths. It didn't work perfectly, but it was good enough for government work. =)

Seth and I made a quick run to the Fresh Market for flowers. They always seem to have nice ones at a cheaper price than Walmart. I have no idea what kind the purple flowers are, but purple is her favorite color, and I LOVE these. Maybe Vance can tell me what they are...

The picture is one I took and developed years ago at my barn for a college photography class. It was just sitting on top of the dresser in there. Voila!

I put a cloth napkin in my bread basket and filled it with her favorite junk food... And then I took most of the candles in the house and put them around her room. I lit them when we got back from the airport... before she went upstairs.

I had trouble coming up with an idea for her bathroom. But I finally put some little toiletry items I'd saved in my bathroom odds and ends box in a pretty rice bowl. I don't have a lot of baskets, so this was my solution. Add a candle in there, and I'm done! Oh yeah, I also put some nice bubble bath in bathtub.

If I can do it, you can do it. Seriously. It only took a few extra minutes and some waiting for creativity to strike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Ellen! You have one lucky friend. :)