Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A look at our days these days...

Monday, 7:00 a.m.: Pull sad little carcass out of warm sheets. Shower and get baby ready to go to babysitter's house.

8:30 a.m.- leave happy baby with babysitter, make frantic cell phone calls to fertility clinic trying to get medical records I had forgotten about transferring until I was in the shower that morning faxed over to obstetrician.

9:10 a.m.- sign medical release form for records at fertility clinic, wait impatiently while every printer in their office refuses to print, then rush over to dr.'s office after extracting a promise that they will fax them over ASAP.

9:30-11:45 a.m.- the longest dr's appt. ever, involving bloodwork, going over info with nurses and a dr., a flu shot, begging some peanut butter crackers off a lab tech, and an ultrasound. Highlight of the day: seeing 9-week-old Baby B. kicking his little feet at me.

11:45 a.m.- rush back to friend's house to get Seth, take over her kitchen and make myself some lunch, then rush over to new house to let in the guy that is coming to look at the tiny spot of mildew we discovered by the window while friends were putting up crown moulding. Discover after I get there that David has taken my house keys out of my diaper bag.

1:10-1:20 p.m.- Speed like a crazy person back to old house with cranky, nap deprived baby. Get keys, come back, and have mold guy tell me that I should cut a 6 inch square out of my drywall, despite the fact that he can't find any difference between the moisture content there and the moisture content anywhere else in the wall. Shows me under the house, where he says I have a mold problem on my insulated pipes.

1:20 p.m.- Curse the name of the mold guy, who I instantly disliked upon arrival because his hair was shaggy. Call David to tell him that the mold guy had been smoking crack. Ask him to call our home inspector, who never said a word to us about mold. Put baby down for nap. Put myself down for nap.

5:00 p.m.- Wake up baby, feed him, and throw him in the car to go to the grocery store. Grocery shop for the week. Get home and start dinner right before David walks in door. Fling cranky, super clingy, teething, coughing baby at him. Allow him to unload all groceries other than the ones I am currently using for dinner.

6:30 p.m.- Finish dinner, get in car for our 5,387th trip to Lowes. Watch baby say "Yay!" and clap his hands as we enter Lowes. Follow him around, trying to keep him from sticking a metal paint can opener in his eye. Pick two new paint colors, as the old ones looked weird on the wall. Take paint by the new house. (Discover today that I need another brown because the new one is now too dark.)

9:00 p.m.- Put baby to bed after a late bath. Clean up kitchen and do dishes. Sit in mildly catatonic state while husband makes his lunch. Pick clean underwear and socks out of pile of clean laundry that is sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Go to bed. Sleep fitfully and dream about drywall.

No comments: