Thursday, October 02, 2008

10 days post trigger shot...

It's hard to wait. I hate this part of the cycle the most. It's the time when I get the most moody and irritable and spastic. My nerves are always just slightly on edge. My husband can definitely tell we're in the waiting cycle. =(

I'm supposed to have my blood pregnancy test next Monday. I've always waited before to find out from them if I was pregnant. There has never been a time when I've seen those two little lines on a home test.

But I'm thinking about breaking all the rules and taking a home test early. I would love a chance to surprise David just once. That's one of the things that infertility takes from you quite often. If he thinks I'm getting a blood test on Monday, then maybe I'll take a home test on Friday morning. Maybe it won't show anything. That's likely. It might be too early to show up anyway, even if I was pregnant. And then there's the possibility of the trigger shot giving a false positive if its not out of my system on day 12. Hmmm. How would I feel about that? I'm not sure. I wonder if taking the chance is worth the possible emotional trauma.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

I am following your story with baited breath. . . I know you aren't posting in real time, but I am still thinking very much of you.

God bless
Henrietta

littlebeemama said...

I'm glad you are posting this, Ellen. But the suspense is killing me! Btw~ if you decide to take the home pregnancy route, I'd recommend getting one of the digital ones that says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". We had the hardest time trying to figure out if there was 1 or 2 lines on the other tests. I'll be thinking of you.