Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor Day...

A good time was had by all. We met David's parents at my parent's cabin on Friday night. Seth was spoiled completely rotten all weekend. He actually enjoyed the water this time! Everybody but me got in the sound in front of the cabin on Saturday. I sat under a tree and watched with a book in hand. =) On Sunday, we went to the beach. The water was calmer than I've seen it in ages. It was calm enough that I wasn't too afraid to let David take him out past the breakers. He loved it. This was his very first swim in the ocean.

We grilled steaks one night, and the next night, we went to my family's favorite seafood place down the road. I'm really glad we made a point of doing that, since one of the managers came to our table and told us this would be their last night open! I only go for the hush puppies, but I will miss their deep fried, cornbready goodness. Sniff.

Bill and Diana took care of Seth on Sunday night, and David and I got to take a long, moonlit walk on the beach. We used to take those a lot, before the munchkin came along. We'd walk and talk and talk and talk. There's something about it that just makes for good conversation, despite the tired old personal ad cliche. We were thankful for a chance to do it again.

Now we're home, and we're up to our necks in house stuff. I'm trying to finalize the painting plans. Hopefully, I'll be going to the parade of homes soon to get an idea for colors I'd like to use. There's nothing like seeing paint on actual walls. MOPs and CBS start next week, and I'm really looking forward to that. And I may get my hair chopped off soon. I'm feeling like a change...

No comments: